So, the following are the worst staircases in the world for your inaccessible or fearful pleasure:
1. Spiral Staircase in Sydney, Australia
Look at the twists and turns on this ridiculously endless staircase. This may very well also be the world’s largest slinky. Note to self: hold on tight to banister. Second note to self: find the elevator.
2. Spiral Staircase at the Vatican Museum
Could it be the stairway to heaven? Or have I been dropping too much acid while reading The Da Vinci Code?
3. Eiffel Tower Staircase in Paris, France
Ooh la la, oui oui, le staircase. Donde esta le elevator? Merci beaucoup!
4. Staircase at Lello Bookshop in Portugal
Holy crap! Did we just stumble into House Gryffindor at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? What, Dumbledore? No special access for the disabled? Geez, and to think, I cried when you [spoiler] died.
5. Umschreibung at KPMG Building in Munich, Germany
This is the staircase that never ends! Yes, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started building it, not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue climbing it forever just because… This is the staircase that never ends!
6. Bridge-stair at Traversinertobel in Switzerland
For those days when the Tarzan in your life is feeling a little lazy. Also, a wheelchair might just make it across with enough momentum. Hold on tight, Teal!
7. The Chimney of the Old Bobila Almirall in Terrassa, Australia
Somewhere out there Bert’s preparing to sing the best Chim-Chimney song of his life! But, careful on those stairs Bert, especially with those penguins screwing up your footing.
8. Eureka Tower in Australia
For goodness sakes Australia, what’s with the crazy staircase obsession?
9. Mayan Temples – ALL OF THEM
Because the Mayans were stair hoarders. No, seriously, they had a problem.
10. Stairs at the LongChamp Store in New York
Vertigo. Lots of Vertigo on this staircase.